Smokey and the Barbecue Fork

It wasn't the most auspicious start to this Kentucky family's barbecue

smokey-the-chihuahua-and-the-forkWhen another dog was bugging Smokey for his food, a member of the Wagers family waved a barbecue fork at the big dog to get rid of it. Unfortunately the fork flew off its handle and embedded itself in the 12-week-old puppy's head!

Smokey ran off for a couple of days hiding but as soon as he came back the family took him straight to vet Dr. Mark Smith of Cumberland Valley Animal Hospital. The fork was lodged in Smokey's brain, but luckily it was removed quickly and easily. All it took was an anaesthetic, disinfectant around the area and a swift pull to get the fork out - the whole procedure lasted no more than 30 seconds.

Smokey has been given bed rest and is confined to his crate for six weeks, with occasional visits to the couch "to watch Oprah". He is expected to make a full recovery.

We wish Smokey and his family all the best and hope he gets well soon!

line
footer
Powered by WordPress | Designed by Elegant Themes